Sunday, August 10, 2008

numbered swan park again...










































































I took an evening walk to the numbered swan park again. Took a few snapshots, nothing too serious. Suddenly I heard a 'psssst'.... quickly started to walk on, was worried it was some wino fisher or something, but it was my mate Jamie... even though they're not the most special photographs... they somewhat remind me of Roger McGough's poem 'what you are', my favourite line being 'you are a derelict canal where the tincans whistle no tunes'... in fact maybe I should include the first 1/2 here:

'What you are' --- Roger McGough

you are the cat's paw

among the silence of midnight goldfish

you are the waveswhich cover my feet l

ike cold eiderdownsyou are the teddybear (as good as new)

found beside a road accident

you are the lost day

in the life of a child murderer

you are the green

whose depths I cannot fathom

you are the clean sword

that slaughtered the first innocent

you are the drop of dew on a petal

before the clouds weep blood

you are the wind caught on barbedwire

and crying out against war

you are the apple for teacher

left in a damp cloakroom

you are the litmus leaves

quivering on the suntan trees

you are the ivy

which muffles my walls

you are the first footprints in the sand

on bankholiday morning

you are the suitcase full of limbs

waiting in a leftluggage office

to be collected like an orphan

you are a derelict canal

where the tincans whistle no tunes

you are the bleakness of winter before the cuckoo

catching its feathers on a thornbush

heralding spring

you are the stillness of Van Gogh

before he painted the yellow vortex of his last sun













































........................... (can't seem to edit this blank space out!!! aaargh, why am i shite at html?

2 comments:

Brian Gardner said...

Nice pictures ^_^

Don't worry too much about the HTML. I had the same 'huge ass blank spot' problem shortly after Blogger changed their core program layout and it took me a few edits to get rid of it. Even worse, it a post that was long enough to start with, it didn't need to be artificially lengthened.

Thankfully, I haven't had the problem since, but it didn't go over well with me.

Anyway, your pictures remind me of my Niece, who is very good with a camera as well, but refuses to put them anywhere **sigh** so keep posting, we want to see ^_^

Eli Regan said...

There was a lad who was similarly shy about putting his work up on the photography degree I just finished this year. He did end up showing at the degree show. I think with him it was more an attention thing.

I hope your niece realises they're just pictures, just a way of expressing herself... I've struggled with thinking photography was vain, either that or feeling really low about being shite or an impostor, but now I just don't think about it. The world is saturated with pictures, and it doesn't need mine, but I just enjoy taking them (and I guess showing them).

A photography site that's on my 'well worth it' link section is my brother's... Now he takes good pictures! think you'll enjoy them!